OUR REDEEMER NEWS!!!
Church is open Join us!
Sunday - 9:30 am.
COVID 19 UPDATE
Our Redeemer leadership has kept current with and respected COVID safety protocols, CDC Guidelines, etc., throughout the pandemic. We rejoice that Nassau County has one of the highest vaccinations rates in NY State! We further celebrate that many of our members are now vaccinated!
As NY is "opening up" its safety restrictions, we will now move to a "mask optional" protocol in the Congregation, including worship:
• “Mask Optional" protocol for Vaccinated persons!
• Non-vaccinated persons, including children, are strongly encouraged to continue mask wearing
• If you prefer to continue mask wearing, (even if vaccinated), you are warmly encouraged to do so
• Sign-in upon entering is no longer necessary ("track and trace" is no longer happening in the State)
• Hand sanitization is optional- available if desired
• Wine returns to Holy Communion - with individual disposable cups (only you will touch your cup)
• Singing is returning to Worship (and has been added back gradually)
• We will continue to block every other pew (for now)
• The maximum limit, or "top-out" number for participating worshipers has been lifted.
Thanks be to God for scientific advances, vaccinations, and the ability to return, gradually, to a sense of normalcy.
Looking forward to seeing your smiling faces in worship! Thank you!!
Pentecost Power: Discipleship and discernment
Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your minds, so that you may discern what is the will of God-what is good and acceptable and perfect. Romans 12:2
In St. Paul's compelling letter to the Romans, believers are called to the spiritual practice and transformational power of discernment. Times of transition are times of discernment.
When we pray the Lord's prayer, we Pray: "Your kingdom come. Your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven." (Matthew 6:10) How do we know what God's will is for us? Through the spiritual discipline of discernment.
Our Redeemer is in a time of discernment. Discernment is listening to God's Spirit through deep and ongoing prayer, study and holy conversation in order to discern God's will for our faith community. What is God calling us to do and to be? Where is God's Holy Spirit leading us?
Click here to view the rest of Pastor's letter.
PLEASE REMEMBER YOUR CHURCH WHILE WE ARE IN THIS HEALTH CRISIS!
Remember that the work of the church
does not stop. Your prayers and offerings make our
ministry possible. Why not catch-up on your giving
knowing that the work of the Lord through our congregation continues undiminished. You can mail your donations directly to Our Redeemer at 2025 Washington Avenue, Seaford,NY 11783. We have set up online giving for your convenience. See the info at the top of the page.
Thank you for your continued support of Our Redeemer.